The conference will focus on issues such as (but not limited to):
- the life of Nikos Skalkottas;
- the works of Skalkottas;
- issues of aesthetics and performance;
- the Greek music scene at the time of Skalkottas;
- Skalkottas and the Second Viennese School;
- Skalkottas and his contemporaries;
- Skalkottas and National Schools;
- the state of research on Skalkottas;
- Skalkottas in the 21st century
These topics are only indicative, and we urge potential participants to send their proposals on the general framework set above. We particularly urge the participation of academics in early stages of their career, PhD candidates, and young researchers. Conference papers will be grouped thematically, and some sessions will be held in the format of roundtables. The organizing committee invites participants to offer, alongside traditional papers, specific topics relevant to the composer’s legacy. Therefore, in applications for the conference, we request that speakers send abstract proposals for
• papers (max. 250 words);
• themed sessions (max. 400 words);
• roundtable discussions (max. 100 words).
Proposals should be submitted to [email protected] and [email protected] by April 30, 2019 and should also include a short biography of 100 words for each participant along with the current affiliation, if any. Participants will receive notification by May 31, 2019.